We collect information from visitors to this website www.fitnessfirst.co.uk through the use of:
• You may provide personal information when communicating with us.
• You may use our services and give your name and e-mail address to make a comment about our services or website.
• If you enter a competition or promotion we will ask your name, address and email address.
• We will collect information about your tastes and preferences, both when you tell us and by analysis of customer traffic, including using "cookies".
• It may be that some of the personal information you give us (for example, about your health and age) is sensitive personal data within the meaning of the Data Protection Act 1998. Such information ("sensitive information") will only be disclosed with your express consent.
• It may be that you provide us details of credit or debit cards or bank accounts in making payment to us. Any such information (confidential financial information) will be disclosed only in accordance with the disclosure policy below.
• We may use personal information collected about you to help us develop the layout of our website to ensure that our site is as useful and enjoyable as possible.
• We may use personal information collected about you to let you know about functions on our website or changes to our terms and conditions of use.
We have strict security procedures covering the storage of your information in order to prevent unauthorised access and to comply with the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998. This means that sometimes we may ask you for proof of identity or for other personal information before we can process your call or enquiry further.
Please note that your information may be used to send you details of those products or services that we offer that we have identified as likely to be of interest to you. This will be in accordance with the preferences that you indicated when you completed complimentary pass form.
If at any point you would like to opt-out of receiving communications from us, or would like to change the channels (such as email or post) that we use to contact you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0208 618 3100. Alternatively you can also write to us at Data Compliance Officer, Fitness First, Units D&E, Willis way, Poole, Dorset, BH15 3SS.
We will not share your data with third parties unless we are obliged to disclose personal data by law, or the disclosure is ‘necessary’ for purposes of national security, taxation and criminal investigation, or we have your consent.
We may provide aggregate statistics about sales, customers, traffic patterns and information to third parties, but these statistics will not include any information that identifies you.
You have the right to see what personal data we hold about you. To obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please write to us at Data Compliance Officer, Fitness First, 58 Fleets Lane, Poole, Dorset, BH15 3BT. Please note that we reserve the right to charge a fee of up to £10 for any such request.
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using it to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. This means for instance that data you pass to us may be processed outside the European Economic Area, although the data will always be held securely and in line with the requirements of UK data protection legislation. By communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way.
A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a web server to a web browser, which enables the server to collect information from the browser. Find out more about cookies on www.allaboutcookies.org.
Most browsers will allow you to turn off cookies. If you want to know how to do this please look at the menu on your browser, or look at the instruction on www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note however that turning off cookies will restrict your use of our website.