CHANGE FOR THE BETTER
We are very sorry to inform you that Fitness First St Paul’s will not be reopening.
We have had extensive dialogue with the landlord over the past months, but due to a full redevelopment of the entire building, we (alongside many other tenants) will have to vacate the premises. We are in negotiations to reopen following the completion of the development works, but do not have any more information on this for the time being.
However, we are delighted to say that your membership with Fitness First will not be affected. We have changed the majority of our members' home club to Fitness First Queen Victoria Street, please see your email correspondence for confirmation, where you'll be able to train in the same high quality DWFF club environment with access to top-of-the-range equipment, dedicated personal trainers and a great selection of classes to continue your fitness journey with us.
Additionally, we have upgraded you to our top tier membership for the rest of 2020. This means you have exclusive access to train in any of our 116 clubs across the UK, including our flagship London clubs London Bridge Cottons, Tottenham Court Road and Baker Street.
If you’re happy with your new home club, you don’t have to do anything else to start training with us on reopening.
However, you do have options if you are not in a position to transfer to another club.
• If you want to change your new home club
• If you’d rather freeze your membership
• If you want to cancel your membership
Fill in the below contact form or call us on 01942 311369 and our customer services team will help.
Our customer services department is open Monday to Friday 09:00 - 17:00.
THE FITNESS EXPERIENCE ON DAY 1
We know from your feedback the main questions surround what can I expect as we re-open the gyms in England. Clearly there will need to be some interim changes but what will this reopening phase look like?
Well, our fitness teams are working hard to ensure we retain all of the elements we know are key to our members, namely: -
• Convenient, flexible opening hours to support your needs. Please see the club page to check your opening times.
• A great spectrum of group exercise classes, available from Monday 27 July - with all of the classes we know you love. To support the new cleanliness standards and social distancing there will be a slightly reduced timetable to allow time for cleaning of equipment between classes as well as a capacity reduction in some classes. Details will be made available on the Core App and on the club web pages.
• Our full range of state-of-the-art equipment where possible - again to support social distancing we may be forced to put some elements of kit out of use to support the necessary regulatory recommendations but we are confident this will not affect your fitness experience.
• Our fantastic team of personal trainers - sessions will be available immediately with your favourite trainers.
• A full weekly virtual class timetable – such has been the fantastic response to our on-demand digital classes, we will continue to support your training outside of the gym.
• Swimming pools –all of the necessary cleaning and hygiene work has been completed and we are ready for opening.
• In England, changing rooms, lockers and showers will be open and available for use. We're asking members to only use these facilities if they really need to - this will help us maintain social distancing.
• What will be missing for Day 1? As has been widely reported across the media, saunas, steam rooms and spas will be closed temporarily as per government guidelines.
What will you be doing first when you get back to the gym? Get in touch via our social channels to let us know if you’ll be pounding the treadmill, slamming sandbags or stretching out in a studio.
Whatever your active, we’re here to help you achieve your fitness goals.
REIMBURSEMENT OF THE FIRST 11 DAYS
Here's another reason to get back to your favourite type of training in the gym as soon as possible.
For those members who come back for our reopening, there's no need to pay for the 11 days following 25 July.
• It feels a long time ago now but because we closed our sites midway through March (closed 20/03/2020), we’re making up for it by giving you the first 11 days for free when we reopen.
• For those members who paid up front, we will extend your memberships by the period of time that we have been closed for (126 days).
• We're so grateful to all our members for your loyalty throughout the closure period and we really appreciate you supporting your community gym operator and teams.
I'M READY TO COME BACK
What do I need to do now?
What do I need to do now?
We will handle it all for you. In the same way we automatically provided a free freeze of all memberships at the start of this lockdown, we will take all of the hassle away to get you back in the gym.
• For those customers who want to come back, we will automatically unfreeze your accounts.
• As we stated, you don’t need to pay for the first 11 days back and we will take a reduced direct debit on 31 July, for the period of 5 August to 31 August.
• Going forward, linked to our all-new flexible membership model, we have adjusted our direct debit dates to the last working day of the previous month – so your September payment will be taken on 28 August and subsequent payments on the last working day of each month.
CAN I REMAIN ON FREEZE?
The answer is yes. If your circumstances mean you can’t return to the gym or you don’t feel comfortable doing so, you can ensure your membership will remain frozen for the time being.
• The process to initiate a freeze on your account is normally £5 but we do appreciate that there may be some mitigating circumstances, and as such, for July and August, we are offering FREE freezes in certain instances.
• Complete the below form and our customer services team will help you out.
• Please note members have until 26 July to activate this freeze request to ensure they do not pay for August.
GETTING IN TOUCH DURING CLOSURE
I have tried to contact your call centre during lockdown but no answer.
We are sorry. As we are sure you appreciate in these unprecedented times it has been necessary to employ only a minimal staffing level until we properly open the business.
This particularly applies to our customer service team who we are looking to get back into the business aligned to the opening date of the gyms across the UK.
• If you have contacted us during the course of the lockdown, apologies for the lack of response during these extremely difficult times, it was simply unavoidable for us as a business.
• Managing your membership - Our new self-service My Membership portal will have easy to follow step-by-step procedures on how to manage your membership.
• As well as improving our self-service customer service proposition we have also been working with our members to understand what it is they find confusing about the gym industry and what would they like changed about membership policies.
• We look forward to sharing with you over the coming weeks and months some of the new steps we are going to be putting in place to drive a real customer-first approach to everything we do.
Our objective is to apply the principle of ‘Creating a change for the better’ to every ethos of our business.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
We have received great feedback around the FAQs area of our website that we introduced as we went into lockdown and it is our intention to offer the same as we open up again.
Head to our website for a full run-down of frequently asked questions, which we hope will answer any questions you have about reopening and your membership, of which we will continue to update.
Our final advice to create a seamless and contactless entrance into our clubs is to ensure everyone downloads the Core app on your phone.
Not only does this provide you with contactless entry but it also has lots of great features to improve your fitness journey. And it also allows us to comply with government track and trace guidelines.
The wait is almost over – we know it has been difficult for everyone but we are doing everything we can to ensure we provide the best possible fitness experience in these unprecedented times.
Thank you so much for your understanding during the closure period. The team can’t wait to see you back in the club.
TOGETHER WE CAN DO THIS
CHANGE FOR THE BETTER
See you soon!
Find a club near you