Bored of your regular routine? Mix up your normal exercise regime and give Bradley Simmonds' all-body workout a go.
A professional footballer-turned personal trainer, Bradley trains some of the world’s top sportsmen and celebrities. Bradley also regularly trains at Fitness First gyms, and has partnered with us to promote fitness and nutrition as a combination for improving overall wellbeing.
Bradley’s workout below includes TRX training, and focuses on both the core and cardio. The routine should take around 60 minutes in total.
BRADLEY’S ALL-OVER BODY WORKOUT
1. To start, using a TRX suspension complete:
- 1 minute of assisted plank
- 20 x knee tucks
- 10 x pike planks
- 30 seconds of fast climbs, ensuring your knees tuck into your chest
Rest for 2 minutes and then repeat another two times.
2. For the core exercises, you will need weights. Start with 5kg if you’re a beginner and then work your way up to 10-15kg.
- 10 x barbell roll outs
- 12 x weighted v-sit crunches
- 20 x Russian Twists
- 10 x weighted sit-ups
- 30 seconds of bicycle crunches
Rest for 2 minutes and then repeat another two times
3. Finish with a blast of cardio on the treadmill:
- 5 minutes of jogging at 10kmh-12kmh
- 2 minutes of walking at 4kmh (this is your rest period)
- Intervals of 1 minute on/off running – 12kmh/14kmh incline 6 (repeat three times)
- 2 minute walk on 4kmh (no incline)
- Intervals of 30 seconds on/off – 15kmh/17kmh (five times)