Tired of seeing no progression?
Join today to get access to expert trainers
Have you tried fitness routines before but failed to see the results you wanted? Don't let this prevent you from becoming the best version of yourself! Our team of expert trainers are here to help you reach your fitness goals with Personal Training, and we're offering all new members a free 45-minute session to get you started.
During this session, our trainers will take the time to get to know you and understand your goals, tailoring a workout plan specific to your needs. Our personal trainers will focus on your individual goals, capabilities, and fitness level to help you maximise your time in the gym.
Join today to get access to expert trainers
Up to 50% off for new members with our exclusive joining offer
We start by getting to know your goals and tailoring a workout plan around you
Personal Trainers have the knowledge, skills and full professional training to design a safe and effective individual fitness program to help you achieve your fitness goals.
A Personal Trainer will focus on you, your individual goals, capabilities and level of fitness to help you get the most out of your time in the gym.
The benefits of Personal Training
A personal trainer is essential for many Fitness First members, especially if they're new to the gym or have a specific goal in mind within a set period of time. From improving your form to motivation, there are many benefits to working with a PT. Some of these include:
- Getting a personalised training plan — A personal trainer will work with you to create a workout plan that is tailored to your goals, fitness level, and any limitations or injuries you may have. As you're getting a bespoke experience that's suited to you, you're more likely to see results quickly.
- Learning the correct form — You'll learn the proper techniques for exercises with a personal trainer, which can help you avoid injury. They'll be able to guide you, making sure you're engaging the right muscles.
- Accountability — We all know getting to the gym is one of the hardest things about going, especially during cold and rainy weather! Having a session booked with a PT means you're less likely to cancel, and when you're there, you'll have someone holding you accountable and pushing you to give your best effort.
- Gaining knowledge — Personal trainers bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to the table and know the most effective training methods. Therefore, they have the expertise to guide you. By working with a PT, you can tap into their expensive knowledge without doing the research yourself or wasting time on methods that may not be working.
- Confidence — Personal training can remove any confusion you may have about training, teaching you how to use the equipment properly. This can help you feel more comfortable and confident when working out on your own.
Our members' stories
I have been training with my PT at Fitness First for the past several weeks and it already feels transformational. I am a total novice when it comes to the gym and hadn't been in years. My PT focusses 100% on my goals and getting me there no matter what. I am really grateful for their enthusiasm, determination and understanding of where I am starting from.
Riz - St Albans Member
I have trained with my PT for a couple of years and he is brilliant. He's really able to push me whilst being completely supportive, and his plans make training enjoyable and appealing. All the trainers seem brilliant, knowledgeable and helpful.
Alice - Balham Member
How to book a PT session
Booking a personal training session is easy on the FFX app. You can view our personal trainers, including a photo, bio, their expertise and booking options. Or, just pop into any Fitness First club for a face-to-face introduction!
Or, if you’re still thinking about becoming a member at Fitness First, you can book a visit to get a feel for our facilities.
What is a Fitness First Personal Trainer?
A Fitness First personal trainer is your fitness coach and mentor who is level 3 qualified and an expert in exercise prescription and instruction. They'll motivate you, offer a high level of support and set and help you reach achievable goals.
Personal Trainers at our clubs are self-employed, and any service they provide is subject to a contract between them and you.
How do I choose a personal trainer?
Choosing a personal trainer is quite a big decision, as you'll want to find someone suitable for your needs to help you reach your fitness goals.
When looking for a personal trainer, you may want to consider the following.
- Personality — It's important to find a personal trainer whose personality clicks with yours. You'll be spending a lot of time together, so finding someone you feel comfortable around can make a considerable difference to your sessions. You'll work better together as a result! You can find information on our PTs on the FFX app, but nothing beats a conversation; go into your local Fitness First club for a face-to-face introduction.
- Experience and specialities — Our personal trainers can help you achieve a range of goals. However, different trainers have different areas of expertise, from weightlifting to post-natal training. If you have a specific fitness goal in mind, look for a trainer specialising in that area.
- Gender — Some people feel more comfortable working with a personal trainer of a specific gender. Think about what makes you feel most at ease.
You can find information on each of our personal trainers on the FFX app, where you can also find booking options.
Do I need to be a certain fitness level before I meet with a personal trainer?
The quick answer is no. In fact, most of our members who participate in Personal Training are actually very new to exercise and the gym environment. A personal trainer has all the skills and knowledge to design a workout for you regardless of your fitness level. Whatever your goal, a PT will get you there faster than doing it alone.
What can I expect from my first Personal Training session?
Your first Personal Training session will be an initial consultation, allowing you and the PT to discuss goals, any previous injuries, and your lifestyle. Following this, your trainer will create a session plan designed to keep you engaged and motivated. Most importantly, it will be created specifically for you, helping you get the most out of your sessions. You'll also have the chance to ask any questions.
How often should I have Personal Training?
How often you have Personal Training sessions depends on your individual goals. Some people prefer one session weekly to learn how to use the gym equipment, but others prefer two to three to get a more intense workout and see faster progress.
Communicating your goals with your trainer is essential so they can help create a customised plan that fits your needs and schedule. You should also listen to your body and not push yourself too hard, as rest and recovery are important parts of any fitness routine.
How can I get the most out of Personal Training?
To optimise your Personal Training experience, effective communication with your trainer is key. Be clear about your fitness goals, preferences, and any concerns or limitations you may have. Your trainer can then create a personalised workout plan that meets your unique needs.
It's also important to be consistent with your training sessions and to commit to healthy lifestyle habits outside of your sessions, such as a balanced diet, as this will improve your results in the gym. And don't hesitate to ask your trainer questions and seek their feedback to help you progress and stay motivated.
Who should I speak to if I have any questions about Personal Training?
If you have any questions or would like to learn more about Personal Training, feel free to approach any member of the Fitness First team. They'll be happy to provide you with helpful information and guidance.
How much does a personal trainer cost?
Personal Training starts at £30 per session, but the cost varies depending on who you decide to train with and your Fitness First club location.
New members get a free 30-minute trainer session dedicated to you and your goals.
What do I wear for a Personal Training session?
When it comes to what to wear to a Personal Training session, the most important thing is picking something you feel comfortable in. Clothing that allows for ease of movement and doesn't restrict your range of motion is recommended, and moisture-wicking fabrics will keep you cool during your workout. Proper footwear is also essential, so select a pair of trainers that provide good support for your feet and are appropriate for the type of exercise you'll be doing.
Do I need to be a member of Fitness First to attend Personal Training sessions?
Yes, our FFX membership includes access to our gym, and you can join today.
Match your PT on the FFX App
Download the FFX App and book your PT straight away.
Explore Fitness First PT offering, manage your bookings and credits, stay in touch with your PT and share your achievements with other members.
Become a personal trainer with us and motivate others to put their Fitness First
If you are a level 3 personal trainer and interested in becoming a Fitness First PT, or if you are a fitness enthusiast and want to know how to start a career in personal training. Simply click on the link that’s right for you and get in touch.