We want to ensure all our Members and Guests have the best experience possible in our Clubs, so we have devised this guide and expect all members and guests using our clubs to familiarise themselves with it and comply with it, as this form part of your contract with Fitness First.
Access to the club
- When you join our clubs and on your first visit, we will need to take your photograph for health & safety and security reasons.
- If you have a medical condition that may put you at risk, you must inform our staff of your condition
- To access our clubs, you’ll need to download the Fitness First FFX App and swipe in using your personal bar code on every visit.
- All guests must sign in at reception before accessing the facilities and are required to provide photographic identification. Failure to provide this may result in the Guest being denied entry to the Club.
Your behaviour in our Clubs
- Please always wear appropriate gym attire i.e., no bare feet, no bare chests
- Safe and appropriate behaviour is always required so as not to jeopardise your safety or the safety of others.
- During busy periods, Club users are to use only one weights station at a time.
- Please use the weights around the gym with care and refrain from dropping them as it is a safety hazard, damages the kit and disturbs other members
- Please be considerate and replace weights on the dedicated racks after use
- Any Club users who are unsure of how to use a piece of equipment should seek instruction before doing so. Fitness First will not take any responsibility where a Club user sustains injury from incorrect use of equipment.
- If any equipment is found to be faulty or malfunctioning, please report this to Fitness First staff immediately.
- In the interest of everyone’s cleanliness and hygiene, please wipe down equipment after use
- Only food purchased in the club can be eaten on the premises. Please be considerate and eat in the reception / lounge.
Abuse and harassment
- We do not tolerate any form of harassment or abuse towards our members, guests, staff, or personal trainers. All Members and Guests must conduct themselves in a respectful manner whilst using our Clubs. Any Club user who acts in an intimidating, abusive, violent, or disrespectful manner may be ejected from the Club, and Members may have their Membership terminated with no refund of fees already paid.
- In accordance with the 2010 equality act, any conduct or speech that might be considered racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory will not be tolerated. If you experience or witness any form of discrimination or abuse, please report it to a member of the team or to our member Services Team on email@example.com
Your personal items and valuables & use of lockers
- Please keep your valuables with you or always tucked away in a locker.
- We are not able to look after anything for you in the club
- We want to make sure we have as many lockers available for our members as possible; therefore, please can we ask that you do not leave items overnight, as they will need to be removed
- If we need to remove items, rest assured that we always have 2 members of staff to empty a locker, and we will store your items for a reasonable period of time.
- You may be able to rent a locker in your club, please ask your Club Team for more details
Use of smartphones
- The usage of mobile phones is not permitted in the changing rooms.
- If you are using a smartphone, tablet, or other device in the club or as part of your workout it is your responsibility to keep it safe and secure, we encourage you to keep it on you rather than on the equipment.
- Please be respectful of other peoples’ privacy when using personal technology in the club. You must get prior permission from all the people who will appear in any photograph you take or video footage you make whilst in club. Retrospective consent should also be obtained where images are accidentally captured, and the image/footage deleted where consent is withheld. If you intend to use an image, then you must explain what it will be used for and who might see it and get the persons consent to do so.
- We are aware that filming and photography takes place in our clubs from time to time so if you do not wish your image to be used in any filming or photography by Fitness First, please inform a member of the team.
- Fitness First timetables, instructors and classes are subject to change at any time. Fitness First will endeavour to provide notice when a class is unable to take place for any reason.
- We recommend that members book in advance, to ensure that a class has space for them.
- Members can book online from 7:00am, 7 days in advance of the class.
- If you are booked on to a class, we ask that you to access the club at least 5 min before the class starts to ensure we can record your attendance and start the class on time.
- If you are late for a class, we may let you join in, but the instructor might ask you to warm up first.
- In case you’ve booked a class that you cannot attend, may we please ask that you give us at least 12 hours' notice so that members on the waiting list can get notified and make necessary arrangements.
- If you repeatedly cancel late or do not show to your booked class, we may remove temporarily your ability to book classes.
- Guests are not able to book studio classes in advance but are encouraged to register at reception when they visit. They may get access to the class based on availabilities.
Swimming Pools, Sauna, Steam rooms
- Swimsuits must be always worn.
- Please shower before entering the pool, sauna, or steam room.
- Please use these facilities quietly to ensure all our members can enjoy their experience
- Please use a towel whilst in the Sauna or steam room, for the health, safety. and comfort of other Club users.
- All Club users should thoroughly read the Sauna / Steam room Safety Poster, on display in each area, before use. No other items should be taken into the sauna / steam room, including oils or essences, books, newspapers, or other paper items which can create a fire / burn hazard.
- Only Fitness First self-employed licensed personal trainers are permitted to undertake personal training sessions in the club
- No Club user may bring external personal trainers to the Club or act as a personal trainer, paid or otherwise. Fitness First Personal Trainers have been confirmed as holding the required certification and insurance, and as such are the only trainers permitted to work in the Club.
Operating hours and necessary maintenance
- Please respect the closing time of your gym, available on the main entrance and on your club’s webpage, and be ready to leave on time.
- If we need to change the club’s opening hours for any reason, we will always aim to give you as much notice as possible.
- To ensure your club is fit for use, we might need to close certain areas from time to time, we will always aim to let you know in advance to that you can plan accordingly.
If our team deems that any member or guest contravene to these rules, they may be asked to leave the club or may, in the most extreme cases, have their membership terminated and the matter escalated to relevant authorities.