Membership Terms and Conditions
1. Membership plan details, including fees and payment dates, are outlined on the website at the time of joining and confirmed via email to the registered email address.
2. Our memberships are available for an initial minimum term of 1, 3, 6, 9 or 12 months. These options are subject to availability at the club.
3. Memberships can be paid upfront or by monthly Direct Debit. If you pay by monthly Direct Debit an additional charge for credit will be included in the membership fee.
4. For new members who are paying via Direct Debit, your first payment including any joining fee will be paid upfront by card payment. Your recurring payments will then be collected monthly by Direct Debit starting one month after your initial start date.
5. Late Direct Debit payments may result in additional charges for extended credit, administration fees, suspension, cancellation, or referral to a debt collection company.
6. Membership fees may increase with a minimum of 14 days' notice, but not during the initial minimum term.
7. Members on discounted student rates will have their membership fees increased if they are not able to provide evidence that they qualify for discounted membership. Evidence must include full name and current place of study inclusive of expiry date.
- New members have a 14-day period from initial join to upload valid student identification, containing a valid expiry date, through either the initial online joining process or the Member Area.
- If identification is not uploaded or invalid, membership fees will be increased to the equivalent full membership fee from the next available payment.
8. The clubs to which members have access depends on their membership subscription. Members can use clubs in the same tier and any lower tier than their membership subscription. This excludes any single club memberships. Club tiers may change, but an updated list of all clubs and their tiers is available on the website.
9. If you use another club other than your home club more frequently over a two-month period, we may transfer your membership to that club, which could impact your fees.
10. Members must check in at each visit by scanning their unique identifier through the barcode feature on the Fitness First app.
11. Personal trainers at our clubs are self-employed, and any services they or any third parties provide are agreements between you and them. We are not liable for or responsible for payments made to a personal trainer or third party. Arrangements for PT and other third-party services must be made directly with the trainer or party.
12. We provide our members with a digital solution, the FFX PT App, that allows you to discover the profiles and expertise of our Personal Trainers, buy single sessions or packages and book your sessions.
13. The validity of those Personal Training session packs is limited and are defined by our self-employed Personal Trainers. Please check with them in club to ensure you are aware of the validity of those packs.
14. Pricing and availability of PT sessions are set by, and at the discretion of the personal trainers.
15. Any sessions purchased digitally with a personal trainer via the FFX PT app can be booked 3 hours after the purchase at the earliest.
16. The group exercise class schedule can be viewed and booked through the FFX member app, or via the Member Area.
17. Members no longer able to attend a booked class must cancel at least 24 hours before the start time of the class. Repeated non-attendance of booked classes may result in members class booking access being revoked.
18. Members can freeze their membership via the Member Area after the first month for 1 to 3 months for any reason for a fee of £8 per month. Members will retain access to the FFX App, including FFX On Demand. Freezing is aligned with the monthly payment dates (1) and must be requested at least 5 working days in advance.
19. Medical, relocation, or other acceptable reasons may qualify for a free freeze of 1 to 3 months with evidence provided. Longer free freeze periods will be offered for specific medical reasons, such as pregnancy.
20. Frozen months do not count towards members initial minimum term.
21. Members who pay upfront can request to freeze by contacting Membership Services.
22. Cancelling a membership whilst frozen will still incur cancellation fees.
23. You can request to cancel your membership and give us notice by completing the cancellation request details in the ‘My Membership’ section of the website. We will send you confirmation by email once we have processed your cancellation. Please tell us if you do not receive this.
24. Cancelling your membership within the first 7 days of joining is allowed for any reason. No charges will be applied during this period, but a fair usage policy is in place and members who have visited the club 3 or more times will not be eligible for a refund. To initiate a cancellation, please contact Membership Services directly
25. If you pay your membership fees monthly by direct debit, you can cease your membership to coincide with the end of your initial minimum term by giving one calendar months’ notice. Unless cancelled or you opt to take out a different membership plan with effect from the end of the minimum term, your memberships will be renewed into a new contract with the same minimum term. (2)
26. Once your membership is renewed, as a loyalty discount you can cancel at any time by giving a calendar months' notice. Depending on your direct debit collection date, this may require you to pay for the period between your direct debit date and cancellation date
27. If you decide to cancel your membership before the end of the initial minimum term, you have two options. You can either pay the remaining balance for the full term and your membership will end on the final day of the minimum term, or you can pay a settlement fee to leave immediately which will include the accrued charge for credit.
28. The settlement fee is the total discount and rate reduction you received through the contract length originally chosen, when compared to the 1-month flexible rate. (For example, you request to cancel after 3 months of your agreed 12-month minimum term. The difference between the 1-month price and 12-month price is £15 per month, so you are required to pay £15 x 3 = £45.) The monthly fees used for the calculation of your settlement fee are the ones that are currently in place.
29. If your circumstances change significantly and make it impossible for you to use your home club's facilities (such as for medical reasons, job loss, or moving house further than 5 miles from your home club), you can cancel without additional fees or charges for credit. Contact our member services team, and provide suitable evidence to support (such as doctor's note or notice of termination of employment).
30. To cancel your membership for medical reasons, you will need to give us notice and provide the documents we ask for as proof of the change in your circumstances. Your membership will not be cancelled, or any fees refunded, until this evidence is provided. (Refunds may be considered when a membership has been purchased on a Paid in Full agreement. This does not apply to memberships paid by Direct Debit).
31. Your membership can be cancelled if you violate the club rules.
32. If your home club closes permanently, we will write to inform you if your membership is being transferred to another club. Members will have the option to cancel their membership without additional fees by informing our member services team.
33. If you pay your membership fees upfront in one single lump sum, your membership will automatically end once you have completed this term, unless you choose to renew your membership.
34. Members must be 16 or older.
35. You agree to consent to have your photograph taken for the purposes of your membership and to comply with our ‘Gym Rules’. Our gym rules are displayed in your club and online. We may change our gym rules if we feel this is reasonably necessary.
36. We may assign the benefit of this agreement and our rights thereunder to a third party on notice to you. Your rights under this agreement will not be prejudiced.
37. On occasions where facilities are unavailable, you will not be entitled to any partial or full refund or compensation. You will also not be eligible for an early cancellation without fees. We will endeavour to advise you in advance where possible unless the issue is urgent. Where possible we will try to ensure that any such disruptions are in off peak hours and are kept to a minimum.
38. We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform any of our obligations under this agreement which are caused by any event that is outside our reasonable control.
39. Our staff, agents and subcontractors are not medically qualified so if you have any doubts about your fitness or capability to exercise, we strongly recommend that you get advice from a doctor first. Please be aware that our swimming pools are not under constant supervision. If you have a medical condition that may affect your safety or wellbeing, we strongly advise you are accompanied whilst swimming. For safety reasons, you are responsible for correctly using all club facilities and reading club signs and agree to keep to the conditions in the Member Health Pledge, which is available in our clubs and online. We strongly advise that all members complete an induction to the gym, and you should ask for one if we do not offer you one. If you are not sure how to use any equipment, always ask a member of staff.
40. We can transfer all or any part of our rights or responsibilities under this contract to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights under the contract.
41. A £30 refundable deposit is required for locker hire. Once your locker agreement is cancelled, the deposit will be returned providing all outstanding fees have been paid, key is returned and locker inspected for damage.
42. If you lose your key, you will forfeit your deposit, this will cover the replacement cost of a new lock. A new deposit will be required.
43. This service is for members only. You must hold a valid Fitness First membership.
44. The first monthly payment is to be made in club, and will be taken via monthly Direct Debit thereafter.
45. Hired lockers are only intended for the use of members for training kit and cosmetics, we do not recommend they are used to store any valuables. Should the club have reasonable belief that the locker is being used for any other purpose, Fitness First reserves the right to open and remove belongings.
46. Fitness First will not be held liable for the loss/theft of any locker contents.
47. The club will attempt to contact you where there are plans to open the locker, move, or remove belongings. It is the members responsibility to ensure up to date contact details are held.
48. Locker hire is not transferable.
49. To cancel your locker hire we require one paid months' notice. You should cancel by completing a contact form https://www.fitnessfirst.co.uk/contact/
50. Clubs operated under the ‘Fitness First’ brand are owned and operated by Fitness First Clubs Limited (company number 03207791) which is a company registered in England and Wales.
51. If you have any questions or complaints, please contact your club’s General Manager or Membership Services.
52. We can make reasonable changes to these terms and conditions at any time. Additional terms and conditions might be agreed on specific membership types e.g., corporate, partnerships, promotions etc. Such terms will be shown in conjunction with any offer or agreement and may supersede these terms which will be agreed in writing.
53. In cooperation with Klarna Bank AB (publ), Sveavägen 46, 111 34 Stockholm, Sweden, we offer you the following extended payment options. (3) Payment is to be made to Klarna:
- Pay Later in 30 days
- Klarna's Pay in 3 instalments credit agreements are not regulated by the FCA. Use of these and any missed payments may affect your ability to obtain from Klarna and other lenders. 18+ UK residents only. Subject to status. T&C's apply. www.klarna.com/uk/terms-and-conditions
- Pay in 3 instalments
- Klarna’s Pay in 3 instalments and Pay in 30 days are unregulated credit agreements. Borrowing more than you can afford or paying late may negatively impact your financial status and ability to obtain credit. 18+, UK residents only. Subject to status. T&Cs and late fees apply. www.klarna.com/uk/terms-and-conditions
54. Further information and Klarna’s user terms can be found here. General information on Klarna can be found here. Your personal data is handled in accordance with applicable data protection law and in accordance with the information in Klarnas privacy statement.
- Your Fitness First day pass will be valid on the date you selected, running until midnight of the selected date.
- All day passes must agree to the standard terms and conditions, gym rules and health questionnaire.
- You cannot transfer this daily membership to anyone else nor transfer to another date.
- Fitness First day passes are non-refundable.
- Proof of ID may be required
• In a selection of clubs, we offer 5 and 10 session packs allowing you to enjoy our Clubs on a pay as you go basis.
• Packs will give you access to all clubs and all facilities in the tier of your home club and below. Home clubs offering this type of membership are included below:
• From the date of purchase, the 5-pack is valid for 2 months and the 10-pack is valid for 3 months. Unused sessions will not be refunded.
- Lockers may be available for use by members and guests whilst they are on the club’s premises, subject to availability.
- Members and guests must ensure that the contents of lockers are removed at the end of their visit. Only members who have paid to hire a locker may have personal items left in their lockers overnight.
- Lockers remain the property of the club and under no circumstances can be shared with another member.
- The club reserves the right to open lockers without the member/guest’s permission or the member/guest being present, and to remove the contents if lockers have not been emptied after the member/guest's visit.
- All bags must be kept in lockers and should not be taken into the fitness areas.
- Property cleared from lockers, or left on the premises shall be held for a reasonable duration, dependent on storage available onsite. Unclaimed items will be disposed of.
- Fitness First will not be held liable for the loss/theft of any belongings.