INGREDIENTS (SERVES 2):
For the marinade
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger, grated
For the rest of the dish
- 400g lean diced steak, with fat trimmed
- 1 large pak choi, shredded
- 1 large handful of kale, shredded
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cucumber, deseeded and diced
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced (optional)
- Create your marinade by mixing the soy, mirin and honey with half of the ginger and pour it over the steak, leaving to marinate for about an hour.
- Mix the pak choi, kale, spring onion and cucumber and toss with the sherry vinegar, the olive oil, the remaining ginger and the soy sauce and assemble in a serving bowl.
- Using small skewers, thread about four steak pieces on to each skewer and then sear in a hot frying pan for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Once all the steak has been cooked, serve with the salad.
- Finish with a sprinkling of chilli, if using.
(Recipes taken from The Body Bible. Photography © Martin Poole.)