Born in Gloucester, Vicky Holland was a nationally ranked swimmer and long-distance runner while at school but only discovered triathlon at Loughborough University in 2005. In 2012 and 2014, Vicky became world champion as part of the British mixed team relay squad. She secured her first major individual medal later that year, winning bronze at the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, while she also competed at London 2012.
Ahead of this summer’s Rio Olympic Games, which take place from August 5th to August 21st, Vicky has shared with us her weekly training plan. How does your weekly workout routine compare?
For updates on Vicky's training and progress at Rio this summer, follow her on Twitter at @VixHolland. Check out the training plans of Team GB athletes Max Whitlock, Jazz Carlin, Philip Hindes, Tonia Couch, Hannah England and Bianca Walkden too.
Vicky's top five gym exercises
- Calf raises – 20 reps x 3 sets with 120 seconds of rest
- Sit ups – 20 reps x 3 sets with 120 seconds of rest
- Squats – 20 reps x 3 sets with 120 seconds of rest
- Mountain Climbers – 20 reps x 3 sets with 120 seconds of rest
- Plank – hold for 120 seconds x 3 sets
Vicky's weekly training routine
[table id=23 /]