In 2015 Bianca Walkden showed that she was one of British taekwondo’s brightest stars when she took gold at the World Championships in Russia. The previous year had seen the heavyweight fighter add to the European bronze she won in 2010 when she was crowned European champion in Baku. Bianca is a former world junior silver medallist and has more than ten national titles to her name.
Ahead of this summer’s Rio Olympic Games, which take place from August 5th to August 21st, Bianca has shared with us her weekly training plan. How does your weekly workout routine compare?
For updates on Bianca’s training and progress at Rio this summer, follow her on Twitter at @BiancaW_tkd. Check out the training plans of Team GB athletes Max Whitlock, Jazz Carlin, Vicky Holland, Philip Hindes, Tonia Couch and Hannah England too.
Bianca's top five gym exercises
- Squats – 12 reps x 3 sets with 30 seconds of rest
- Lunges – 12 reps per leg x 3 sets with 30 seconds of rest
- Press Ups – 30 press ups x 3 sets with 60 seconds of rest
- Glute Raises – 12 reps x 3 sets with 30 seconds of rest
- Leg Push Aways (sit ups) – 30 pushes x 3 sets with 60 seconds of rest
Bianca's weekly training routine
[table id=21 /]