Zanna Van Dijk is a personal trainer and global Adidas ambassador, who blogs about topics including fitness, nutrition, lifestyle and travel. Zanna is passionate about women’s empowerment and is an advocate for positive body image. Zanna also regularly trains at Fitness First gyms and has partnered with us to promote fitness and nutrition as a combination for improving overall wellbeing.
Here Zanna shares the recipe for her choc and coconut protein balls, which are an easy-to-make, portable and high-protein snack packed with natural energy.
Ingredients (makes 6-8 balls):
- 75g (3 scoops) chocolate protein powder
- 25g cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 40g porridge oats
- 40g unsweetened desiccated coconut, plus extra for rolling
- 75ml milk
- Pinch of salt
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl to form a thick paste.
- Use your hands to mould the batter into 6-8 equal-sized balls, then roll them into extra desiccated coconut.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Tip: Depending on the protein powder you use, the batter can end up slightly too wet or too dry. If it’s too wet, add extra protein powder or cocoa powder; if it’s too dry add a dash of milk.
Discover Zanna’s motivational tips here and find more of her tasty recipes on her blog, www.zannavandijk.co.uk.