Ingredients (serves ones):
- 1 small sweet potato
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Toppings of your choice, such as feta, poached eggs, or yoghurt and fruit, to serve
- Pierce the sweet potato and place it in the microwave. Then cook on high for 5-7 minutes until cooked through (alternatively, pierce and bake in the oven until tender). Leave for a few minutes until cool enough to handle and then remove the potato from its skin.
- Add 150g (5oz) of the sweet potato to a blender with the eggs and blitz to form a smooth batter.
- Heat the coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan over a low-medium heat and put a 5cm-wide dollop of the batter in the centre.
- Fry gently for 30-60 seconds until the base is firm, then flip with a spatula and continue frying for a further 30-60 seconds until cooked through and golden brown.
- Remove from the heat, and then repeat with the remaining batter to produce 5-6 pancakes. Serve with toppings of your choice.
Discover Zanna’s motivational tips and find more of her tasty recipes on her blog, www.zannavandijk.co.uk.