Zanna Van Dijk is a personal trainer and global Adidas ambassador, who blogs about topics including fitness, nutrition, lifestyle and travel. Zanna is passionate about women’s empowerment and is an advocate for positive body image. Zanna also regularly trains at Fitness First gyms and has partnered with us to promote fitness and nutrition as a combination for improving overall wellbeing.
Here Zanna shares the recipe for her zingy lemon chia energy balls, perfect for a boost of energy when on the go.
Ingredients (makes 5-6 balls):
- 15 large pitted dates
- 35g walnuts
- 2 tbsp unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Zest of one unwaxed lemon
- Put all of the ingredients in a good food processor and blitz until they form a thick paste.
- Use your hands to mould the mixture into 5-6 equal-sized balls.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Discover Zanna’s motivational tips and find more of her tasty recipes on her blog, www.zannavandijk.co.uk.