A GREAT SOURCE OF PROTEIN, WHIP UP THESE EASY KEBABS USING TURKEY MINCE AND FRESH HERBS FOR LUNCH, DINNER OR A SNACK.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE KEBABS (SERVES 4):
- 600g turkey mince
- 1 small bunch flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Wooden skewers, soaked in water beforehand
INGREDIENTS FOR THE SALSA:
- 4 large vine tomatoes, cored and diced
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp distilled vinegar
- 1 pinch caster sugar
- 1 small bunch coriander, finely chopped
- Salt, to taste
- 250g low-fat Greek yoghurt
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 4 white pitta breads
METHOD FOR THE KEBABS:
- Preheat the grill to hot. Scrunch together all the ingredients for the kebabs in a large mixing bowl, seasoning with freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Divide the mixture into eight and shape into rough kebabs, threading them onto the skewers.
- Arrange on a grilling tray and grill for 8-10 minutes, turning frequently, until golden on the outside, and no longer pink in the centre.
- Remove from the grill and cover loosely with aluminum foil to keep warm.
METHOD FOR THE SALSA:
- Thoroughly stir together all the ingredients for the salsa in a serving bowl. Season to taste with salt before covering and chilling until needed.
METHOD FOR SERVING:
- Stir together the yoghurt, garlic, and lemon juice with a little salt to taste.
- Warm the pitta breads under the grill before serving with the kebabs, yoghurt sauce, and prepared salsa on the side.