Hannah England is a product of Dame Kelly Holmes’ mentoring scheme and she produced a finish the two-time Olympic champion would have been proud of in winning World Championship 1500m silver in 2011. Hannah, who is married to fellow athlete Luke Gunn, went out in the semi-finals at London 2012 but bounced back to claim fourth in the 2013 World Championships. In 2014 she made the final but failed to claim a medal in both the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow and the European Championships in Switzerland.
Ahead of this summer’s Rio Olympic Games, which take place from August 5th to August 21st, Hannah has shared with us her weekly training plan. How does your weekly workout routine compare?
For updates on Hannah’s training and progress at Rio this summer, follow her on Twitter at @hannengland. Check out the training plans of Team GB athletes Max Whitlock, Jazz Carlin, Vicky Holland, Philip Hindes, Tonia Couch and Bianca Walkden too.
HANNAH'S TOP FIVE GYM EXERCISES
- Cleans – 10 reps x 2 sets with 60 seconds of rest
- Squats – 10 reps x 2 sets with 60 seconds of rest
- Single Leg Cleans – 10 reps x 2 sets with 60 seconds of rest
- Pull Ups – 10 reps x 3 sets with 60 seconds of rest
- Plank – hold for 60 seconds x 3 sets