After claiming two medals at the 2010 Commonwealth Games in Delhi and then collecting world and European bronzes in the 4x200m freestyle relays in 2009 and 2010, Jazz Carlin narrowly missed out on selection for the 2012 Olympic Games. Since that disappointment she has established herself as one of the country’s best and won 400m and 800m gold at the European Championships in 2014. In 2015 she repeated that feat at the European Short Course Championships and also won 800m freestyle bronze at the World Championships in Kazan.
Ahead of this summer’s Rio Olympic Games, which take place from August 5th to August 21st, Jazz has shared with us her weekly training plan. How does your weekly workout routine compare?
For updates on Jazz’s training and progress at Rio this summer, follow her on Twitter at @JazzCarlin. Check out the training plans of Team GB athletes Max Whitlock, Vicky Holland, Philip Hindes, Tonia Couch, Hannah England and Bianca Walkden too.
JAZZ'S TOP FIVE GYM EXERCISES
- Pull Ups – 5 reps x 3 sets with 30 seconds of rest
- Bench Pull – 10 reps x 3 sets with 30 seconds of rest
- Smith Squat – 10 reps x 3 sets with 30 seconds of rest
- Leg Press – 5 reps x 3 sets with 60 seconds of rest
- Versaclimber – 2 rounds for 60 seconds