Born in Krefeld, Germany after his British father Ian settled there, Philip Hindes made his debut for Great Britain at the 2011 Track World Cup event in Beijing. At the 2012 Olympics in London, Philip won gold in the team sprint, with partners Chris Hoy and Jason Kenny. He was awarded an MBE for services to cycling in the 2013 New Year Honours and went on to win team sprint silver at the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow.
Ahead of this summer’s Rio Olympic Games, which take place from August 5th to August 21st, Philip has shared with us his weekly training plan. How does your weekly workout routine compare?
For updates on Philip’s training and progress at Rio this summer, follow him on Twitter at @Philip_hindes. Check out the training plans of Team GB athletes Max Whitlock, Jazz Carlin, Vicky Holland, Tonia Couch, Hannah England and Bianca Walkden too.
PHILIP'S TOP FIVE GYM EXERCISES
- Squats – 5 reps x 3 sets with 120 seconds of rest
- T-bar deadlift – 5 reps x 3 sets with 120 seconds of rest
- Dead bug – 5 reps x 3 sets with 120 seconds of rest
- Back raises – 5 reps x 3 sets with 120 seconds of rest
- Sled – 5 reps x 3 sets with 120 seconds of rest